SUGAR IS KILLING US!
Since 1980, the number of people diagnosed with diabetes has increased by more than 5 times. It is estimated that by 2050, one out of every three people (including children) will have diabetes. The dramatic increase in the consumption of sugar is behind this deterioration of health, and we must understand its effects in order to be able to do something about it. I will share 5 reasons why we should minimize the consumption of sugar.
- Sugar adds calories and has “0” nutritional value.
- Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. The more you eat, the more you want and need.
- Sugar kills more people than cigarettes. There are 3 times more deaths related to the consumption of sugar than with tobacco.
- Sugar is poison to our bodies. It promotes inflammation and upsets our hormones and systems causing cancer, allergies, asthma, arthritis, mental illness, depression, migraines, obesity and many others.
- Sugar severely affects our immune system by reducing 40 to 50% the capacity of white blood cells to fight bacteria and viruses. If you are sick often, check your sugar consumption. My chronic infections disappeared when I improved my diet and the symptoms reappear when I away from good nutrition.
Now that you know the effects of sugar, you may wonder how much is the maximum that you should consume. Ideally, you should not add any sugar at all. However, the “American Heart Association has recommended a daily maximum limit of 9 teaspoons of sugar for men, 6 teaspoons for women and 3 to 4 for children. What is worrying is that the majority of adults eat between 30 and 60 teaspoons per day, and children from 12 to 21. This is 3 to 10 times the maximum recommended. And it is not because they eat sugar directly, but in most cases they consume it without knowing it because it is hidden everywhere. Here are 5 steps I recommend to start to lower the consumption of sugar:
- Don’t wait nor delay one more day to begin focusing on what you eat.
- Get informed on how to improve your nutrition.
- Begin with small changes. Every small step forward , counts.
- Get creative. Sugar is not the only way to prepare delicious meals.
- Seek help if you need.
If you want to look and feel great now…
If you are tired of trying to lose weight or keep it off…
If you want to lose the weight without hunger or excessive exercise…
If you want to learn how to eat healthy…